Visiting the Cathedral
Aachen Cathedral is a Roman Catholic Church. It is a place for worship, for individual prayer and for contemplation. It is open to everyone. We kindly ask all visitors to respect the sacred nature of the place.
|Monday – Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
|11.00 to 18.00||13.00 to 18.00||13.00 to 17.45|
- During church services, the Cathedral is not open to visitors.
- Admission to the Cathedral is free.
- The Choir and the Hochmünster with the imperial throne are only accessible as part of a guided tour.
Guided tours of the Cathedral
Tickets for public tours of the cathedral are currently only available on the day at the Dominformation. Reservations are not possible at the moment.
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri: 11 am to 4 pm (on the hour, in English at 2 pm)
Sat: 1 pm, 2 pm (English), 3 pm, 4 pm, 5 pm
Sun: 1 p.m., 2 p.m. (English), 3 p.m. 4 p.m.
Adults: 5,00 €
Reduced: € 4.00 (pupils, students, persons with a severely disabled pass)
Family ticket I: 6,00 € (1 adult with up to 4 children up to 17 years)
Family ticket II: 11,00 € (2 adults with up to 4 children up to 17 years)
All guided visits for tour groups or school classes are fully booked until 11 January. If you would like to book a group tour for 2023, please email email@example.com from mid-January.
Cost of group tour (up to 20 people): 95 euros (foreign language tour: 115 euros)
The Cathedral Information Centre (Dominformation) is the focal point for visitors where you can obtain the following:
- information on the Cathedral and its history,
- tickets for the Cathedral Treasury,
- tickets for guided tours of the Cathedral and advance bookings for guided tours of the Cathedral Treasury,
- postcards, catalogues, books and much more about the Cathedral,
- tickets for events and concerts in and around the Cathedral.
52062 Aachen, Germany
Info-Tel. +49 (0) 241 47709 145
The Cathedral Information Centre is open Tuesday to Sunday, from 10.00 to 17.00.