Visiting the Cathedral
Aachen Cathedral is a Roman Catholic Church. It is a place for worship, for individual prayer and for contemplation. It is open to everyone. We kindly ask all visitors to respect the sacred nature of the place.
|Monday – Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
|11am to 7pm||1pm to 7pm||1 to 5:30pm|
To be on the safe side, we recommend a call to the Dominformation, tel.+0049 241 47709 145.
Please also always check the homepage for the opening hours of the current week!
- During church services, the Cathedral is not open to visitors.
- Admission to the Cathedral is free.
- The Choir and the Hochmünster with the imperial throne are only accessible as part of a guided tour.
Guided tours of the Cathedral
Tickets for public tours of the cathedral are currently only available on the respective day at the Dominformation. Ticket sales start at 10 am. Reservations in advance are not possible.
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri: 11 am to 6 pm (on the hour, in English at 2 pm)
Sat: 1 pm, 2 pm (English), 3 pm, 4 pm, 5 pm
Sun: 1 p.m., 2 p.m. (English), 3 p.m. 4 p.m.
Prices for individuals
Reduced: €4.00 (pupils, students, trainees, persons with a severely disabled pass)
Prices for groups (up to 20 people)
Adults: €100.00 (foreign language surcharge €20.00)
Children, youth and school groups: €40.00 (foreign language surcharge: €20.00, 2 accompanying persons included)
The Cathedral Information Centre (Dominformation) is the focal point for visitors where you can obtain the following:
- information on the Cathedral and its history,
- tickets for the Cathedral Treasury,
- tickets for guided tours of the Cathedral and advance bookings for guided tours of the Cathedral Treasury,
- postcards, catalogues, books and much more about the Cathedral,
- tickets for events and concerts in and around the Cathedral.
52062 Aachen, Germany
Info-Tel. +49 (0) 241 47709 145
The Cathedral Information Centre is open Tuesday to Sunday, from 10.00 to 18.00.